Monday, January 21, 2013

1/21/13 Oh Ashley, please come back!

After going through an old email, I found a picture of a stallion that stood in Michigan for many years, so I thought I'd include him.  Of course, his name starts with an A, so this is really the rest of my "A" horses.


Anderson Rex
King Barrymore x Peavine's Pearl BHF
He was a full brother to Captain Courageous. 
He sired CH Emerald Future BHF


Anderson Aire
He was sired by Anderson Rex and stood in Michigan
for many years.  He lived to be nearly 30 years  old.
One of his colts, Ensign's King, was owned by
my girlfriend who started with American Saddlebreds
the same year I did.  She owned him from the time she was
in vet school until he passed away in his upper 20's.


Anacacho Revel by Edna May's King
How could I have left out this horse from 
Gone with the Wind!
Sired by Edna May's King, he must have been named for
two of Edna May's King's owners, Revel English and 
the Anacacho Ranch.  He was ridden in the movie
by Leslie Howard who portrayed Ashley Wilkes.  He
was shown here leaving for the Civil War.  

1 comment: