Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy Valley Farms

6/21/13  What a tragic loss suffered by Bit Hutcheson of Happy Valley Farms when her main show barn burned on the evening of June 20th, killing 35 American Saddlebreds.  Included among those lost were her four breeding stallions, Merchant Prince, his son I'm the Prince, his grandson Magical Me and Harlem's Friendly Conversation. 

Merchant Prince, at age 30, was a fixture on sire ratings, and sired a whole bunch of excellent horses including CH Rejoice, CH The Great Gaspar, CH A Sweet Treat and CH Marching Orders.





I'm The Prince sired 2 time 3 gaited WGC Grande Gil.  I had the pleasure of seeing I'm the Prince presented at Undulata Farm for the All American Cup Stallion Tour in 2008 and 2009.  He was gorgeous and had 15 foot tail that floated behind him with every step of the trot.

All these horses will be greatly missed and my heart goes out to everyone who lost a horse in this awful fire. 
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment