Here are the top ten: And the next ten:
1. Wing Commander by Anacacho Shamrock 11. Alexander the Great by Montgomery Mc
2. Stonewall Premier by Stonewall King 12. Beau Fortune by Sun Beau
3. Private Contract by Anacacho Shamrock 13. Golden Thunderbolt by Anacacho Denmark
4. Stonewall Supreme by Stonewall King 14. Ridgefields Denmark by Anacacho Denmark
5. Anacacho Empire by Anacacho Denmark 15. King of Rose-A-Lee by Royal Kalarama
6. Bobby Sea by Royal Rex Sea 16. Vanity's Sensation by Sensation Rex
7. Ridgefield's Genius by King's Genius 17. Courageous Peavine by Captain's Courageous
8. Clarma by Anacacho Denmark 18. Beau LeRose Peavine by Beau Peavine
9. Stonewall's Golden Dream by Stonewall King 19. Denmark's Golden Sun by Anacacho Denmark
10 Genius Bourbon King by Bourbon Genius 20. Stonewall's Jack Pot by Stonewall King
It's interesting that #1 & #3 are full brothers, and so are #8, #13 & #14. Anacacho Denmark leads the way with five sons in the top 20, Stonewall King is close behind with four, and Anacacho Shamrock has two sons in the top 20. Stonewall Premier, Stonewall Supreme and Vanity's Sensation would all eventually reach the #1 position on later sire ratings.
1. Wing Commander's top point getters were Emmy Emerald, Tashi Ling and Choice Commander.
Tashi Ling Choice Commander
2. Stonewall Premier's high point horses were The Love Charm and The Lancer.
The Love Charm The Lancer
3 Private Contract sired The Challenger and The Tempest.
Private Contract Contract's The Tempest
4 Stonewall Supreme sired Freddy Flintstone and Penny Stonewall.
Stonewall Supreme Freddy Flintstone
5 Anacacho Empire sired Rebel Heir and Sweet Amber.
Anacacho Empire Sweet Amber
6 Bobby Sea had points earned by Sea Angel and Private Stock.
Bobby Sea Private Stock
7 Ridgefield's Genius sired I've Decided and City Hall
I've Decided City Hall
8 Clarma had Regal Rhythm and Enough Said earning points.
Clarma Enough Said
9 Stonewall's Golden Dream sired Empress Supreme and Rita Jean.
Stonewall's Golden Dream Rita Jean
10 Genius Bourbon King had Scarlett Flame earning points.
Genius Bourbon King Scarlett Flame, full sister to Valley View Supreme
It's safe to say that all of these stallions are still having an impact on modern saddlebreds, but of course, if you're looking at the top line, Wing Commader and Genius Bourbon King dominate.
Be sure to search for any horses in the search feature of this blog. There are more posts on Wing Commander, and Reverie's Desdemona, the dam of three of the stallions in the top 20 in 1964.
Please check out the blog's Facebook page and like us!https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-American-Saddlebred-Blog/239612032866209
I couldn't stand it, I had to add more.........
Here are 21 thru 25 since they also appeared on the list of top living (in 1964) stallions, and some of them are quite well known.
21. Genius of Stonyridge by King's Genius *see post on his dam Kate Haines (BHF)
22. Victory Ace by American Ace *sire of Starheart Victory
23. Marine Ace by American Ace *sire of so many of the famous "Gray" family
24. Genius Flying Saucer by Bourbon Genius *his grandson is Carey's Night of Love
25. On the Go by Stonewall's Victory *his son Flying Mike stood at Leslie Lane in Michigan
Of the sires in the 11 thru 20 list, Alexander the Great is still represented today through his grandson, the good stallion Titleist. Denmark's Golden Sun's most famous offspring was WGC Surefire, a gelding, but he still has some colts tracing back to him born as recently as 2009 through his daughters. King of Rose-A-Lee is still represented through the many daughters he had with Lucy Kilmer (BHF). Beau Le Rose Peavine's grandson Classic Memories was still actively siring colts until the early 2000's. Stonewall Jackpot's great great grandson Stonewall Above Airs is an active sire and has about 8 crosses back to Stonewall King. So yes, all these lines are still active 50 years later!